thoughts on the GSoC2009 and OpenMRS summer internship Friday, August 14, 2009

Working on a GSoC project was indeed a wonderful experience. To make it more interesting, working as a summer intern at OpenMRS was value added experience. :) (discarding that fact that SL doesnt have any summers. <:o) ).

Starting the project i had so little experience working with the Quartz scheduling framework. Then again this was my first project from scratch. I had to go through all of the software development phases. Well that was a lovely experience. I had a lot of help from OpenMRS developers to complete my project. All helped to test the module and give feedback. without those comments the current schedulerQuartz module wouldn't have come this far. i was lucky enough to have my own Lab machine which helped a lot to test the module and to do Demos.

Justin Miranda, being my mentor was a great benefit to this project. I can remember the hours he spent advising me on how to improve usability. His supervision made the module to have good unique features. I must say that i didnt have any kind of pressure from him while doing this project. (of course we only had less than 3 months to complete it and get it running). you rock!

looking back, OpenMRS is a great place for anyone to do their summer internship for Google Summer of code project. Developers working at OpenMRS knows how to identify your capabilities and only to take what you can give. It has a friendly environment so that a new comer would feel comfortable enough to give his full effort in making a project success.

I would like to thank Justin for supervising my project. And everyone at OpenMRS for helping me to bring the schedulerQuartz to where it is right now.

0 comments: